We value thoughtful, constructive discussion, but comments that attack an author or smear an organisation are not acceptable.
Keep it friendly. Welcome new members, share your tips or show them how to use the website. If you are a new member, make sure to introduce yourself – our community is waiting for you with open arms.
Be courteous and respectful. Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours. That’s life.
Stay on topic. When creating a new discussion thread, give a clear topic title and put your post in the appropriate category. When contributing to an existing discussion, try to stay ‘on topic’. If something new comes up within a topic that you would like to discuss, start a new thread.
Share your knowledge. Don’t hold back in sharing your knowledge – it’s likely someone will find it useful or interesting. When you give information, provide your sources.
Keep it safe. Remember that the forums are public places. Don’t post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don’t post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
Report abuse. A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse, report it to email@example.com
One account per person. Running multiple identities on our forums is not permitted. If you are unable to access your account, please get in touch with us rather than creating a new one.
Complaints about content or other users should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are general guidelines that influence whether or not a post will be deleted and the author banned:
1. Personal attacks on authors, other users or any individual are not tolerated, and users who repeatedly post such comments will be banned. No ifs. No buts.
2. Comments featuring swearing, name-calling or otherwise abusive language are unacceptable. You will be banned.
3. We value robust debate and understand that people often feel strongly about the topics in a thread, but please show respect for the views and beliefs of other users. By being polite and civil, you ensure that the topic remains the focus of the debate and that our pages remain conducive to intelligent discussion. In other words: Lighten up.
4. Keep your posts relevant. If you post a comment that is not related to the topic being discussed, it may be deleted. Comments about moderation decisions or general comments about exploreinawe.com will likely also be deleted.
5. Comments that are racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise offensive will not be tolerated. There is a difference between criticising a brand, organisation or product and attacking people because of their race, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
6. Comments that incite people to commit a crime will not be tolerated.
7. Comments must be in English. No other languages are accepted on the site.
8. Do not post content which you have copied from someone else and for which you do not have the copyright.
9. DO NOT SHOUT. Writing in caps is considered shouting in web etiquette.
10. No spamming or flooding. Do not repost the same message, or very similar messages, more than once.
11. No advertising, promotion of products or services, or posting of web links (URLs), unless you are posting within the sites own CLASSIFIEDS section. The Explore in Awe Classifieds section is meant for subscribers/users to sell or buy items or services they own, within the community. 3rd party selling is prohibited. (You can’t run a ‘shop’ in the Explore in Awe community)
12. No impersonating. Impersonating anyone (including other members) is unacceptable.
13. No inappropriate usernames. A good guideline: Would you call yourself that in front of your mother?
14. We will not accept defamatory comments capable of damaging the reputation of an organisation or individual in the eyes of right thinking members of the public.
A good guideline: Would you say that to Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s face?
15. Same goes for comments that are emotionally hurtful.
16. Spelling and grammar will not be corrected within posts. However, we reserve the right to correct spelling and grammar when publishing comments elsewhere on our site.
SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SITE’S COMMUNITY CLASSIFIEDS
The Customer undertakes and warrants to exploreinawe.com that no advertisement will:
(a) breach or infringe the Competition and Consumer Act;
(b) infringe copyright, trade mark or other intellectual or moral property rights of any person;
(c) contain material that is obscene, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(d) breach or infringe any laws relating to therapeutic goods, firearms, financial services, anti-discrimination, political publication, publication of court or tribunal materials, or any other State or Commonwealth legislation, rule or ordinance; or
(e) give rise to any liability on exploreinawe.com classifieds, cause exploreinawe.com to be in breach of any law by virtue of publishing the advertisement, or result in a claim being made against exploreinawe.com, or its parent company, The Ideas Bunker pty ltd.
The Classifieds section is meant for the trade of goods and services between community members. i.e it is the perfect arena for selling your 2nd goods that you no longer need, such as cameras, luggage, guidebooks etc
It is not a shop for you to resell new 3rd party goods at a profit. You cannot replicate anything similar to an amazon or ebay store on exploreinawe. It will be closed down, and you will be banned from the site, if you do.
Caveat Emptor – BUYER BEWARE. ExploreinAwe.com and its parent company The Ideas Bunker pty ltd, accepts no responsibility or offers no warranty for the advertised condition, usability or suitability of the products listed in the classifieds section. The buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality and suitability of a purchase before buying. It is solely your decision to purchase goods within the classified site.
Exploreinawe.com and its parent company, The Ideas Bunker pty ltd, gain no monetary profit from funds attained by the sale of the goods or services listed on the Classifieds section of the website.
- The transfer of money from the sale of goods on our classifieds site is a business transaction strictly between the seller and the buyer. It is your responsibility, as either the buyer or seller, to legally transfer/accept money in exchange for the product/services advertised.
- DO NOT include your full private address in the classified listing. Your Phone Number, City and State will suffice.
Content on this website is for general information purposes only. Your posts are provided by your own free will and you take sole responsibility for any direct or indirect liability. You assign us with a license to use, reuse, delete or publish any comments/posts without notice.